Grand Marnier Navan Vanilla Cognac

For all questions and issues concerning the world of Cognac. Feel free to ask questions!

Grand Marnier Navan Vanilla Cognac

Postby tlw1115 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:18 pm

My husband has been looking for Navan for the last year. We had found out that the product had been discontinued. I spent the last week doing internet searches and calling to find out if anyone has this product so that I could give as a gift. Yesterday I found a retailer that had two bottles and immediately drove two hours time to pick up the bottles. My question is...Should we hold on to these bottles in hopes that they will be valuable one day??
tlw1115
New distillate
New distillate

Re: Grand Marnier Navan Vanilla Cognac

Postby rhum_pyrat » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:36 am

You'll absolutely be a winner with either choice you make. GMN is a superb cognac which since being discontinued enjoys an increasingly elite status due to its becoming rarer by - literally - every sunset (i.e., as an after dinner pleasure). I humbly defer to opine on gifting, as only the very person doing so is wholly familiar with the intimate particulars of said gesture as concerns their personal / professional relationship with the recipient. If you decide to experience Navan one starry night, I salute your adventurous spirit :D ! You'll then be a member of a rather limited world-wide club who have rightfully done so as life is far too short for "would have, could have, should have". If, on the other hand, you decide to hold on to them for now out of an expectation of increased future value, that is a wise decision also as you'll retain the aforementioned personal enjoyment option plus the "Why yes, I do have Navan!" bragging rights, to be sprinkled immodestly upon those who are slow to recognize your wisdom as a connoisseur. And why yes, I do have quite a bit of Navan myself ;) . Cheers!
rhum_pyrat
New distillate
New distillate

Return to Questions and general subjects about Cognac